The COVID-19 pandemic sometimes makes us feel like there’s nothing we can do but wait in misery until it’s passed. The good news is, for many people, we can take the time that we have now to enrich our lives while being careful not to get sick or pass the illness on to others.
Let’s make the most of our time! This won’t last forever, and if we take a few extra steps now, we’ll hopefully come out the other side with a new skill or a new perspective that can really help us, or help others around us!
And being productive doesn’t always mean working. It also means finding fun things to do that doesn’t only involve sitting in front of a TV and binge-watching show after show.
Here are just a few ideas to get you started:
- Play more board games. Uno, anyone?
- If you have family with you, enjoy them. Appreciate their presence.
- Enjoy the warmer days and get un-cooped up in the house. Often, if possible. Just keep that 6-foot distance.
- Stream a movie.
- Rediscover some of your DVD collection.
- Start a new hobby. Writing, reading a new digital magazine, etc.
- Check out Libby: free digital book lending from your local library.
- Have a BBQ in your back yard.
- Deep clean the house.
- Organize the garage and clean the cars.
- Support your favorite shops and restaurants by ordering online.
- Read and ponder the writings of your favorite religious books. Write down your thoughts.
- Dive into a new topic or two, or belief system, to expand your knowledge about faith and God.
- Take up photography.
- YouTube has a lot of useful videos on things to learn.
- Into technology, like servers and programming? Check out Plural Sight. They’ve expanded their learning subscription trial. Highly recommended.
There are so many other interesting things that we can do to switch it up a bit. What are you doing to enrich your life? Let me know in the comments!